LEVEL 3 FOREST SCHOOL – July 2023
We are delighted to announce Isle of Play’s first Level 3 Forest School Training course. This course is suitable for those individuals with an existing suitable client base such as teacher, nursery staff, community leaders etc.
Cost: £950 (including deposit)
Training days: July 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th
9.00am-4.00pm each day, plus portfolio surgeries after the course and a work based assessment visit
Forest School Leader training is designed for those who would like to set up and run a Forest School programme. The course is accredited by Welsh OCN (Agored Cymru) and provides 19 credits within five Units of Study at Level 3:
- Supporting Learning, play and development in natural environments
- Deliver Forest School
- Observation and evaluation of Forest School
- Sustainable use and management of natural resources
- Teach outdoor practical skills
On this course you will:
- attend six training days which consist of theory and practical skills
- attend a two day practical skills assessment
- complete a portfolio of evidence
- attend optional surgery sessions to support you to complete the portfolio
- run a Forest School pilot programme in your chosen setting with your existing client base
- have a work based assessment by your Forest School trainer during your pilot programme
This course is equivalent to an ‘A’ Level and trainees have nine months from day one of the course to complete the course, so please ensure that you have time to complete the required modules.
We strive to support all trainees to succeed and inclusivity is key to our approach.